Search This Blog

3.18.2011

Fake and Bake - Day 13 Fake spaghetti is holding up! Plus fake carrots, fake salad and fake bread. Tasty!

To quote Elaine from Seinfeld, "Fake. Fake. Fake." 
Rob, our super stage manager thought it was real at arm's length, as did some other folks...including my cats. SUCCESS! I waited 2 weeks to see how it was holding up before letting you all know that my below instructions worked out. I would like to have lightened up the tomato sauce by one color level and made it a little more fluid, (plus change some other small details that bug me), but it will totally read as real food. The spaghetti could have been one shade lighter to look more cooked, but the character sits with a cold plate of food while waiting for her daughter to come eat, so it'll work. Overall, pleased with it! My sweetie liked it...and asked when I was really going to cook. My reply? I told him to enjoy the happy mood derived from this form of creative cooking...that it's better than a home cooked meal mood!" Lol!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment