Search This Blog

6.27.2012

This one is for Nora Ephron...

She died today. We lost a brilliant woman, but her words and the memories she gave us will endure. She was on my "to meet" Bucket List (along with Bernie Mac). Tonight, we're making waffles in Nora's honor and rereading my favorite script, "When Harry Met Sally" and watching the marathon of her movies. Waffles and wine! Cheers to you, Nora! RIP.
 ----
"When I buy a new book, I always read the last page first, that way in case I die before I finish, I know how it ends. That, my friend, is a dark side." Harry

 ----

"It's this very cold, hard, Mexican tile." Sally
 ----
"No, no, no, I drove him away. And I'm going to be forty." Sally
"When?" Harry
"Someday." Sally
"In eight years." Harry
 ----
"She doesn't have a thing about chins." Marie
 ----
"I am not your consolation prize, Harry." Sally
 ----
"Big jerk." (kid outside batting cage)
"Little creep. Where was I?" Harry
"You were growing." Jess
 ----
"Oh, but baby fishmouth is sweeping the nation. I hear them talking." Harry
 ----
"Draw SOMETHING, resembling ANYTHING!" Jess
 ----
"I have a theory that hieroglyphics are just an ancient comic strip about a character named Sphinxy." Harry
 ----
"This stupid, wagon wheel, Roy Rogers, garage sale, coffee table." Harry
"I thought you liked it." Jess
"I was being nice." Harry


 ----
"I'll just keep walking. You go ahead." Harry in the airport
 ----
"That's it? Some faceless guy rips off all your clothes, and that's the sex fantasy you've been having since you were twelve?" Harry
"Well, sometimes I vary it a little." Sally
"Which part?" Harry
"What I'm wearing." Sally
 ----
"You know, you may be the first attractive woman I've not wanted to sleep with in my entire life." Harry
"That's nice, Harry." Sally
 ----
"Great. A woman friend." Harry
 ----
"I thought you said men and women could never be friends." Sally
"I never said that. When did I say that?" Harry
"On the ride to New York." Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment